Remember veterans this holiday season with Wreaths Across America | Events
ANDERSONVILLE, GA - Andersonville National Historic Site invites you to join thousands of Americans in remembering and honoring our military veterans by participating in the Wreaths Across America program. The Civil Air Patrol will conduct this annual ceremony honoring America’s armed forces in the Andersonville National Cemetery on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 12 p.m.
Wreaths Across America is a national program to not only honor those recently interred, but also to remember the thousands of forgotten graves found in National Cemeteries.
If you, your family, organization, or business is interested in sponsoring one or more wreaths to be placed on a grave in the cemetery, you can learn more about the program and sponsor wreaths online at www.wreathsacrossamerica.org
Beginning Dec. 1, wreaths and ﬂ oral blankets no larger than 2 by 3 feet are permitted in the cemetery. Please contact your local ﬂorist to order an appropriate ﬂoral decoration. Wreaths should be brought to the gravesite in person or delivered by a ﬂorist. To ﬁnd the location of a speciﬁc grave, please visit gravelocator.cem.va.gov
For more information, please contact Andersonville National Historic Site by phone at 229 924-0343 or on the web at www.nps.gov/ande/
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Domestic violence increases during holiday season
- Have a blast this Saturday at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center!
- Columbus Cottonmouths deliver gifts to Midtown Medical Center
- Columbus Council moves forward with Riverwalk redevelopment, zip line on the way
- Friends, family remember Kenneth Walker 10 years after his death
- Jimmy Carter Nat’l Historic Site to host candlelight tour of Carter Boyhood Home
- Plains Community Christmas Sing 2013 to be held Dec. 1
- Artists for Pasaquan Weekend to be Nov. 2-3
- Alabama health officials confirm Salmonella in foodborne outbreak in Sumter County
- National Honey Bee Day to be celebrated at Jimmy Carter Boyhood Farm